Small businesses often leave marketing at the bottom of their to-do lists, even when it comes to video production. Between supervising employees, running brick and mortars stores, managing eCommerce shops, and keeping every customer satisfied, there is often nothing left over in terms of budget or energy when it comes to marketing. This is especially true if it involves something as seemingly time- and money-consuming as creating a video commercial.
That’s a problem though.
Solid marketing strategies, when implemented correctly, can drive brand engagement, generate leads, and ultimately boost sales. Promoting your small business effectively can mean the difference between success and failure when it comes to increasing annual revenue.
That is why I am going to outline for all small businesses why utilizing a promotional video as part of your overall marketing efforts is necessary and how doing so can have a significant effect on the success of your business.
What is a Promotional Video?
Promotional videos are marketing tools for advertising your small business to your target audience. Structured to be no longer than 10-15 minutes, promotional videos are meant to capture your potential customer’s attention for long enough to thoroughly introduce your business without boring them.
Promotional Video Types
Before you get ahead of yourself and hire a Baltimore video production company to create a promotional video for your business, first decide which type of video you would like to create and share with your audience.
- Introductory Video. Used as a way to introduce and promote your business, the introductory video also adds a personal touch. Customers will be able to see firsthand that you are a real business that takes pride in your products and/or services.
- Instructional Video. Though normally shorter than a typical promotional video, instructional videos lend authority to your business and can help you brand yourself as the go-to person in your industry. Sharing with customers how to use a particular product can clear up any hesitations regarding a purchase decision and are very helpful for boosting sales.
- Product Video. Product videos are what most people think of when they hear ‘promotional video.” Highlighting new products or services or promoting a range of existing products can give your small business the chance to explain your business model, what you have to offer customers, and how you can benefit them.
- Personal Video. Sometimes a personal video that takes a deeper look at the people behind the scenes of your small business is enough to spark an interest in your company and what you have to offer customers.
But Do I Really Need a Promotional Video?
Consider this – 70% of the top 100 search results listing include videos in their results. To add to that, viewers are 64-85% more likely to make a purchase after viewing one of those videos. In fact, tests performed by Stacks and Stacks, an e-retailer of home storage and organizational products, revealed that people who watch their product videos are 144% more likely to add that product to their cart than a customer who has not watched any videos.
So, to answer your question – yes, you really do need a promotional video for your small business.
The fact is, video is here to stay because the people demand that it stay. Every industry and every demographic is affected by this craze to watch videos, whether on television or online, and businesses who have clued into this have positive results to show for it.
The Benefits of Video Production for Small Businesses
There are a number of benefits small Baltimore businesses can gain from utilizing video production to help promote their products and services in a promotional video. Let’s take a look:
- Promotional videos are so similar to television commercials, and yet are so different as well. Like television, promotional videos enable businesses the opportunity to advertise not only their company, but how they can add value to a potential customer’s life.
However, unlike television, promotional videos can be broadcast to your target audience over multiple platforms (and most are free!).Think email, search engine marketing, and video sharing sites such as YouTube.Not only does this help small businesses with limited budgets, it spreads the word about businesses much further than traditional television.
- They work well for newly established businesses, especially small ones, that no one knows about [yet]. Baltimore is a big city with lots of options when it comes to making purchases from local shops. By getting the word out about your new and exciting small business you will drive foot traffic right into your brick and mortar shop and online traffic right into your eShop.
- In terms of online benefits, promotional videos incorporated into your company website do three important things. First they help those who visit your website find out more about your company and what you are selling in a visually appealing, informative, and still entertaining way.
Second, with the use of social sharing buttons, people who visit your website have the ability to share information about your business, perhaps even the videos themselves, so more people are exposed and possibly turn into customers.
Lastly, video on your website that directly relates to your business could help your SEO efforts and increase your chances of displaying closer to the top of Google’s search engine results.
- Traditional advertisements, such as television commercials, have one fatal flaw that promotional videos do not. They interrupt people and are not customized to their liking. Promotional videos are clicked on because a person is interested in what the video is about and has a personal connection to it.
Traditional commercials simply cut in and distract people from what they were initially viewing which can be annoying.Consumers love control and when it comes to what they watch online they are no different.Suggested content, such as your small business promotional videos, will fall into the hands of those seeking it rather than those avoiding it.This user initiation has the potential to generate more leads and conversions that the typical non-consensual advertisement clips by as much as 82%.
I know that marketing in general is an overwhelming task. I also know that it is a necessary task. Incorporating promotional videos into your small business marketing efforts can make a world of a difference when it comes to attracting, converting, and retaining both old and new customers.
If your small business is looking for affordable video production services in Baltimore, give Sheffield Audio-Visual Productions a call. Cutting edge technology, state of the art equipment, a staff full of industry experts, and the knowledge base that understands the importance of promotional videos is what you can expect if you choose Sheffield to help you with your Baltimore video production needs. What are you waiting for? Your business depends on this!